The latest version of Kasperski on Windows is causing a corruption issue with Dux-Soup. By adding Dux-Soup to be excluded from the virus scanner, you can stop this from happening.
0. Find out where Chrome stores the extension on your setup. Open a new tab in Chrome and point it to chrome://version. Find the "Profile Path" and make a note of it.
1. Open Kaspersky by selecting the Total Security icon :
2. Open the Settings using the cogwheel:
3. Open the Additional Settings, and select the "Threats and Exclusions":
4. Open the Exclusion Manager by clicking 'Manage Exclusions"
5. Add an Exclusion
Add the following folder name. Make sure it matches the value you found in step 0 : the Profile Path. Simply copy , paste and edit to match before clicking 'add'
IMPORTANT: This needs to match the Profile Path, appended with Extensions\ppdakpfeaodfophjplfdedpcodkdkbal .
6. Confirm the dialogs asking if you want to make changes!
7. Close all Kaspersky windows ( optional, just tidying up! )
8. Reinstall the Dux-Soup Extension
If the current installation has been corrupted you will need to remove it in chome://extensions and reinstall via https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dux-soup-for-linkedin-aut/ppdakpfeaodfophjplfdedpcodkdkbal