Due to recent delays in the review process of the Chrome Web Store, causing our release cycle to be increased by a working week, we now offer a Freerange Dux-Soup. This version of Dux-Soup is identical to the version published in the Web Store but has the benefit of receiving all updates as soon as we release them. This version has one restriction, it doesn't support subscriptions via the Chrome Web Store.
You can find the list of browsers that support the freerange version here.
To install, simply follow these steps:
First, download the extension via these links. Please make sure to right-click & 'save as' (!),
- For Mac and Chromebook users: https://download.dux-soup.com/latest/freerange-dux-soup.crx
- For Windows users: https://download.dux-soup.com/latest/freerange-dux-soup.zip
Then, to install:
1. In Chrome, Go to Settings - icon > More Tools > Extensions ( click the ‘...’ icon in the top-right corner )
2. Enable Developer Mode ( toggle button in the top-right corner )
3. Drag and drop the ‘.crx’ or '.zip' extension file onto the Extensions page from step 1 ( file should be in your Downloads directory, but it is possible to drag the icon from the Chrome download bar too ), and select "Add extension".
That's all. All future updates of the .crx file will be automatically installed when we release them. However, the .zip file requires manual updating using these same steps.