Follow-ups and Delays
When configuring automated follow-ups in Dux-Soup you can set the minimum delay per message. This delay is measured from the moment Dux-Soup detects a new connection. The actual delay of the message will be different, and always longer, than the minimum delay.
The actual delay of a follow-up message will nearly always be longer though. The reason for this is that the work of the robot will always stay within the constraints of the current Dux-Soup throttle & speed settings. Doing this ensures that the activity that is generated by the robot stays within what is a human would do, and not e.g. send a messages in the middle of the night.
As a result the messages will be delayed due to ...
- the visit speed set ( Dux-Soup Options -> Throttle, Robot Speed )
- the robot pauses after xy visits setting, ( Dux-Soup Options -> Throttle, Robot Speed )
- the daily visit limit has been reached ( Dux-Soup Options -> Throttle, Daily Limits - profile visits )
- the daily message limit has been reached ( Dux-Soup Options -> Throttle, Daily Limits - direct messages )
- the schedule of the planner stop the robot from doing work ( Dux-Soup Options -> Planner )
- the computer is switched off, or Chrome isn't running. (The On/ Off switch :)
So when settings delays, please take this into account.